How to treat dry skin in greyhounds
To help with dry flaky skin, we’ve tried several supplements and they seem to be helping. Here are the ones currently in use:
- Coconut oil- half a tablespoon per meal
- Omega3 fish oil- 1 capsule per meal
- Evening Primrose oil- 1 capsule per meal
- Oats- half a tablespoon per meal
We also use supplements for joints and teeth:
- Jointsure- the vet recommended the use of a joint supplement as a preventative since retired racers often develop joint issues as they age. We use this instead of YuMove, which seems very popular.
- Kelp powder- this is supposed to soften plaque to help removal during brushing or bone chewing. We use this instead of PlaqueOff.
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you purchase them at no additional cost to you.